The Johnston Family: Loving Life Together and Blessed in Every Way!

The Johnston Family:  Loving Life Together and Blessed in Every Way!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Another Miracle From Above!

As most of you probably already know, Dakota Kale Johnston was born last Wednesday evening at 9:41 p.m. It was a long day of labor, but so much to be thankful for! Many have called and asked about the details, so I thought I would give them in a quick post and post some pictures hopefully tomorrow. I went in that morning with contractions 2-3 minutes apart. They put me walking and I gradually began dilating and progressing at a positive rate. Dr. Gay was the doc on call and he was wonderful. After hours of labor, there were signs that the baby was in distress and mama was exhausted. After signs of decreased heart rate of Dakota and mama's blood pressure dropping, they sent us to the OR room for a c-section. I don't really remember very much after that. My placenta had abrupted (same thing that happened with my sister) and that is where all the trauma to Dakota and I came from. I lost a lot of blood and Dakota came out in distress, but all is well and everyone seems to be healthy. It looks as if Dakota truly is a miracle baby after seeing all that has occurred over the past 9 months. Dakota is eating well and hopefully growing at a healthy pace now. We will go to the doctor tomorrow for a weight check, so we will keep you posted on his appointment. It looks like a long recovery for mom (which is not something that she will be good at), but over-all just blessed to be alive. Thanks for all the phone calls and e-mails!!! Here are a couple of pics when I first got to see him (which wasn't until 4:30 a.m.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! He's absolutely beautiful!!! Praise the Lord for bringing you and Dakota through safely. I have been thinking/praying for you guys and love you!! Thanks so sharing the pictures!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the update. As Andrea said, he is beautiful! Praise the one who provides miracles!!! Will pray for your recovery.