The Johnston Family: Loving Life Together and Blessed in Every Way!

The Johnston Family:  Loving Life Together and Blessed in Every Way!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Trip to AZ!

So, for the past week we have been in Arizona. Our good friends Sarah and Mike were getting married and JJ was asked to be a groomsman. We had a wonderful time and Sadie did great on the plane. I honestly made her a palate beside my feet and she slept the entire trip. We were very pleased and very blessed. We stayed with some good friends and really enjoyed our time with them. The wedding was great and they were very cute together. We enjoyed shopping at some really cool malls. It was honestly crazy because there were HUGE malls like every two exits in Arizona. JJ watched a couple of movies, we went to the pool, and hung out with some other people. The last day, JJ and I had the opportunity to go tubing. That was awesome and probably the highlight of our trip. The water was freezing because it comes from the Colorado River which comes from the amount of snowfall that they had this year. It was so amazing to me that the water was so cold, but it was 113 degrees outside. The coolest thing about tubing was the scenery around you. You are surrounded by huge canyons! I must say that I was little scared before we went. I was watching the news and it showed a guy missing who had disappeared in the Salt River (the exact place we were going). I was pretty calmed until we were tubing and this HUGE helicopter came flying over us searching for dead body. Then there was a news anchor hiding out in the canyon filming us tube. Then to top it off, these HUGE fan boats come flying straight towards us. I am thinking it's a bunch of drunk guys boating (like in NC). They then swerve around us and what do we read-----Sherriff----they were also searching for the dead body along with divers! So after JJ calmed me down I was able to enjoy the next hour of the tubing that was left. It was AWESOME!!! It was also nice just spending time with JJ without Sadie or others around. We are now back home and getting adjusted to everyday life again. We're trying to catch up on our sleep that we lost. Here are some pictures from the trip. The canyons you see are where we tubed. We couldn't get pictures of us tubing because the camera would get wet and destroyed!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Lot's of fun! I need to call you and pick your brain about the plane ride. Abby and I are going to California in August and I can't figure out whether to buy her a seat or not.

Sarah Robbins said...

Yeah! Those are the first wedding pictures I have seen. We were SOO glad you guys could make it and that you had a good time!