The Johnston Family: Loving Life Together and Blessed in Every Way!

The Johnston Family:  Loving Life Together and Blessed in Every Way!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Unpacking truly brings back the memories.....

My life for the past month has been about unpacking! Praise the Lord that it is almost done and we are finally in our new home. I was unpacking just last night and I ran across a picture of my precious Granny! It made me sad and made me miss her oh so much but then I was reminded of what she would want and that is pure joy! You see this time of year was my Granny's favorite time of year. I remember when I was younger she would decorate her yard for Halloween! It had to look perfect also (also known as hideous to some of us). Then came Thanksgiving and Christmas which she also loved. I wish my kids could have known her. I remember so many Friday nights when I would come home from Mount Olive just to spend the night with her. I loved it. We would go to Walmart and just do whatever she wanted. That often involved a meal at the Four Oaks Restaurant or something like that. If she didn't feel like going out, you better believe that she had my potato chips and dip and m & m's, and those small bottles of coke waiting for me when I got there. She truly sacrficed for me. Did I mention that I love her. One of my greatest memories is when I was really young and I was spending the night with her and I was watching Duke play in the NCAA tournament. They were seriously about to lose to a team in the sweet 16. There was only 1.7 seconds left and it's like midnight and I am watching it because I am a Duke fan. They chunk the ball down the court and swish the ball strips the net. I scream because I am so excited. Well, you have never seen an old woman move as fast as she did that night. I scared the mess out of her. I am laughing typing it now, and she is probably smiling too. She was great for me. She loved me unconditionally until her very last breath. I am so thankful that she is not sufferring anymore. I am also thankful that she waited on me to see her before her last breath. It was shortly after that the Lord brought her home. I am also convinced that she was waiting for me. Her sweet last words to me were I love you and don't ever forget that. She told me to always show love to others......... She then shut her eyes. Thank you Jesus for this special Lady who I will NEVER FORGET!:) I love you Granny!:)

No comments: