The Johnston Family: Loving Life Together and Blessed in Every Way!

The Johnston Family:  Loving Life Together and Blessed in Every Way!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Shop till you drop!!!

Since I can remember, my family has always dove into the crowd for the day after Thanksgiving rush! We always find good deals and it's just really exciting. This year I was really brave and decided to go to the Smithfield Outlets at midnight! I actually ended up getting there around 11:30 and it really wasn't that bad! I got a lot of really good deals and some cute clothes for Dakota at a very cheap price. I got back to mom and dad's around 3:30. That was fun! Then Dakota of course woke me up at 7:30 for his normal morning rituals. I really wasn't even that tired. I got up and played with him for a while and then decided to go and shop in Raleigh. I began around 10:30 and I had Dakota with me. I just knew this was going to be a short day and the worst mistake I had ever made. Boy, was I wrong! Dakota was AWESOME!!!! We were at Triangle Towne Center FOREVER. He just rode around in his stroller (double stroller.. one side for him and other side for bags:):)!! He never cried or wimpered the first time. We were there for 5 hours. I just took my time and enjoyed it all. I think he liked shopping with mommy all day. Did I mention that I found some awesome deals. I can't possibly tell you about them all, but the one that I was most excited about was a set of stainless steel pots and pans that were $130. With early bird discounts and coupons, I paid a whopping $15 for them. I have used them and can't believe how much better cooking is! What a great day this was and I loved having Dakota with me!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

I LOVE my stainless steel pots and pans. It's totally different than other pans. Glad you got such good deals. Our malls in Arizona used to open at midnight and my sisters and I would go. The deals are just too good to pass up! I'll have to go with you next year if you are up here again. :)

Steven and Candi Manning said...

$15 bucks, that's awesome! And so is shopping for 5 hours with your little one. Way to go Dakota!